Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO)
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner ® (A-CSPO)
As a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®), you’ve been taught the Scrum terminology, ceremonies, and principles that enable you to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. You’re focused on maximizing business value and prioritization, and understand how to do the best possible job to satisfy key stakeholders. One of your priorities should be your own success! Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey and incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner™ (A-CSPO™) certification from Scrum Alliance®. This advanced offering is ideal for a Certified Scrum Product Owner who already has one year of experience working as a Product Owner on a Scrum team.
The training will be held in English by the internationally renowned Scrum trainer Evelyn Tian
P.S. If you buy from outside Estonia, VAT is not applicable. The correct price is shown on the last step of checkout.
Scrum is the most widely adopted framework for Agile development. It is a lightweight yet incredibly powerful set of values, principles, and practices to successfully deliver complex, innovative products and services that truly delight customers. Though scrum began as a way to develop software, it is currently used in a variety of industries across the globe.
Scrum relies on cross-functional teams to deliver products and services in short cycles, enabling:
- Fast feedback
- Quicker innovation
- Continuous improvement
- Rapid adaptation to change
- More delighted customers
pace from idea to delivery
Product life cycle concept and corrsponding strategy
- Empathizing Customers and Users
- Perform customer research
- Interview and tips for insightful interview
- Advanced Product Assumption Validation
- Cognitive biases and their impacts to product
- Hypothesis Driven Development (HDD)
- Compare different HDD approaches
- Incorporating HdD into Scrum framework
- Develop HDD and design validation plans
- Advanced Purpose and Strategy
- Developing product vision and strategies
- Advanced roadmapping and its development
- Advanced product planning and forecasting
- Release planning
- Advanced Product Backlog Management
- Model and measure value for product
- Advanced Product Backlog Ordering
- Linking Product Backlog Ordering to product Strategy
- Enhancement of slicing user story techniques
- Product Owner Core Competencies
- Skills, capabilities and practices of a Product Owner
- Mindset of a Product Owner
- Maximizing outcome and minimizing output
- Facilitation skills of a Product Owner
- Advanced stakeholder collaboration
- Identify stakeholders and key stakeholder groups
- Stakeholder management techniques
- Collaboration methods and decision making with stakeholders
- Advanced Development Team collaboration
- Define technical debts
- Technical practices to help improve quality and ways of working
- Practice value maximization per sprint
- Collaboration with multiple development
- Recognize scaling manifestos
- List scaling frameworks
- Working with dependencies
- Next steps for product owners
This course if for Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPO) who are looking for the next level of growth.
- Managers who want to help your organization build fantastic products
- Product management and portfolio management professionals
- Project management professionals
- Business stakeholders
- UX and CX practitioners, and business analysts
- Product development team members
- Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and agile coaches
The Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) workshop requires previous Scrum Product Owner knowledge and experience. All attendees must have the Certified Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) and with some practice prior to this workshop.
Through this Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner workshop, you will be able to advance the Product Owner role, and grow skills that help you and your organization build the most fantastic product with concepts and practices with Scrum framework, from product discovery, design thinking, hypothesis driven portfolio management, evaluative experiements.
- Key coaching skills and their application
- Tactics of coaching at individual, Scrum Team and organization level
- The services around Product Vision and Strategy
- Product Backlog Refinment tactics
- Tactics and tools for orgnization change
- Coaching practices for personal growth actions
To achieve the A-CSPO certification you must:
- Hold a Certified Scrum Product Owner certification with Scrum Alliance
- Attend a certified A-CSPO course to learn techniques in managing stakeholders, product discovery, and product backlog management
- Successfully complete all educator-assigned components of the educational offering
- Accept the A-CSPO License Agreement
- Validate at least 12 months of work experience specific to the role of product owner (within the past five years)
Your certification is valid for two years before renewal is due. Maintain your certification by earning Scrum Education Units. You receive one unit for one hour of continuing scrum education, which may be in the form of a Resource Library article, a Learning Journey offering, a webinar, attending one of our Global Scrum Gathering events, or other opportunities.
Our A-CSPO course registration payment includes the following:
- The two-day (14-16 hour) training course with Evelyn Tian
- Training materials such as workbooks, presentations, and/or online resources as provided by your trainer.
- A-CSPO certification
Was a great course by Evelyn, which I can highly recommend if you want to take your P.O. skills to the next level.
Thank you Evelyn for a great class! I was worried about taking an on-line class instead of attending in person, but this worked out so much better for me. I got to work this week without much interruption, so it was a win-win for me and my management. The sessions were informative and fast moving, so there was never a chance to get bored.
I truly enjoyed the great learning experience!
Thank you Evelyn Tian for the great experience and all the shared knowledge. It has been a pleasure working with you, Evelyn on the program! I am proud to become Advanced Certified Product Owner by Scrum Alliance!
Evelyn Tian is a coach, trainer and a keynote speaker of international conferences. Today her passion and dedication to teaching scrum has landed her a place on the board of Scrum Alliance Organisation.
She has close to 30 years of product development experience in telecom products, automotive industry, financial sectors and e-commerce products, with vast experience from product management, project management, system architect, software development, system integration and installation, and customer support. She can easily move between high-level strategic management discussions and detailed discussions on software craftsmanship.
Evelyn’s primary areas of interests include fostering a culture of software craftsmanship and helping organizations continuously improve through lean and agile. Tian believes that lean and agile enhance the way software is developed, products are implemented, and services are fulfilled.
Evelyn has built a lengthy track record and gathered deep insights in coaching organization transformation, agile leadership, product excellence and teams to unleash their potential. She previously was the Lean and Agile Head Coach of Ericsson, supporting the telecom giant's transformation initiatives.
With backgrounds in both electrical engineering and computer science, she has furthered her education in EMBA, psychology, and professional coaching as well. Evelyn is widely involved in the following external communities:
• Advisory Board Member of IEEE Software;
• speaks at and chairs conferences on Lean, Agile and product development;
• teaches at universities on Software Engineering;
• publishes and translates books and papers on Agile, Scrum, and Change Management;
2017 - Present Evelyn Konsult AB (Coach and Trainer)
2015 – 2017 Ericsson Communications (Head of Global Transformation Support Center)
2009 – 2017 Ericsson Communications (Lean and Agile Head Coach)
1996 – 2009 Ericsson Communications (Various roles from integrator, designer, system architect, project lead, and product manager)
Evelyn’s certifications with Scrum Alliance: