Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM)
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM) course
You’re a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM), who’s been introduced to the Scrum Values, practices, and applications. The next step in your Agile journey is to achieve your Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM®) certification. Our advanced offering is ideal for a CSM who has one or more years of work experience in that role.
The training will be held in English by the internationally renowned Scrum trainer Evelyn Tian
P.S. If you buy from outside Estonia, VAT is not applicable. The correct price is shown on the last step of checkout.
Scrum is the most widely adopted framework for Agile development. It is a lightweight yet incredibly powerful set of values, principles, and practices to successfully deliver complex, innovative products and services that truly delight customers. Though scrum began as a way to develop software, it is currently used in a variety of industries across the globe.
Scrum relies on cross-functional teams to deliver products and services in short cycles, enabling:
- Fast feedback
- Quicker innovation
- Continuous improvement
- Rapid adaptation to change
- More delighted customers
- Accelerated pace from idea to delivery
- Coaching Concepts
- Coaching stances
- Key coaching skills and their application
- Tactics of coaching at the individual, Scrum Team and organization level
- Agile coaching
- Agile Facilitation
- Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Facilitation techniques to navigate through Groan Zone and Divergent and Convergent phases
- Decision making
- A deeper dive into Lean, Agile, Scrum and Kanban
- Flow efficiency
- Further enhancement of Scrum
- Kanban in a nutshell for organization improvement
- Services to developers
- Self-Organization and Team Dynamics
- Key attributes of effective teams
- Coaching for high performing teams
- Agile engineering practices
- Services to Product Owner
- The services around Product Vision and Strategy
- The mindset and tools for a fantastic product
- Tools to bring customer needs into Product Backlog
- Product Backlog Refinement tactics
- The collaboration and its enhancement with Development Team
- Services to Organization
- Impediment Removal and its tactics & strategies
- Leadership team coaching
- Agile scaling approaches and principles
- Introducing new ideas
- Tactics for organizational improvements
- Personal Development
- Coaching practices for personal growth actions
- Pivotal conversation
- The art of giving feedback
- How to work with conflicts
- ScrumMaster as Servant Leader
This course is for:
- Certified ScrumMasters® (CSM) who are looking to advance their agile coaching skills
- ScrumMasters who have Scrum experience for over one year
- ScrumMasters who understand real challenges working with Scrum
- People in supporting roles who want to better support their teams
- Individuals who want to develop themselves on the path of Agile Coach
All attendees must have the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) certification and experience as a scrum master prior to the Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM) workshop.
NOTE: You may take the A-CSM course at any time after completing your CSM certification, but must have at least 12 months of Scrum Master experience logged into your Scrum Alliance profile before you are eligible to receive your A-CSM certification.
Through the A-CSM, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate better dialogue between the Product Owner, Scrum Team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people
- Increase engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in
Scrum and Agile beyond a single team
- Build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced implementation skills
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace
- Stand out in your industry as an advanced member of the globally recognized Scrum Alliance community
- Show advanced value to your employer (or potential employer) as a highly trained Agile professional
To earn the A-CSM certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) certification from Scrum Alliance. You may not substitute a certification from a different track (i.e. using a CSPO for an A-CSM course.)
- Attend an A-CSM course led by a Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST) such as this course here.
- Successfully complete all educator-designed components of the course.
- Accept the A-CSM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile.
- Validate at least 12 months of work experience specific to the role of scrum master or (within the past five years.) This can be met before or after attending the course. Work experience is entered and validated on your Scrum Alliance account.
Please note that there is no exam for the A-CSM certification.
Our A-CSM course registration payment includes the following:
- The two-day (14-16 hour) training course with Evelyn Tian
- Training materials such as workbooks, presentations, and/or online resources as provided by your trainer.
- A-CSM certification
I thoroughly enjoyed my training experience with you as the Coach. You are sharp, marvelous, humorous and well experienced. You were thoroughly prepared for the course and also made adjustments on the fly. You make understanding the topics very easy and your knowledge is impeccable. I really admire your improvisations and informality to make everyone comfortable." I'm really looking forward to my next steps through her guidance.
I did my CSM and A-CSM both with Evelyn and I must say I'm very impressed. Evelyn has deep personal experiences in coaching and in addition to the actual course content you get real-life practical solutions as a bonus. Thank You Evelyn for another great session.
Evelyn is a fabulous instructor with a very wide knowledge and great experience , she is always focused to deliver value in a very friendly atmosphere , I would definitely recommend Evelyn as a world class instructor and expert in Scrum.
Evelyn Tian is a coach, trainer and a keynote speaker of international conferences. Today her passion and dedication to teaching scrum has landed her a place on the board of Scrum Alliance Organisation.
She has close to 30 years of product development experience in telecom products, automotive industry, financial sectors and e-commerce products, with vast experience from product management, project management, system architect, software development, system integration and installation, and customer support. She can easily move between high-level strategic management discussions and detailed discussions on software craftsmanship.
Evelyn’s primary areas of interests include fostering a culture of software craftsmanship and helping organizations continuously improve through lean and agile. Tian believes that lean and agile enhance the way software is developed, products are implemented, and services are fulfilled.
Evelyn has built a lengthy track record and gathered deep insights in coaching organization transformation, agile leadership, product excellence and teams to unleash their potential. She previously was the Lean and Agile Head Coach of Ericsson, supporting the telecom giant's transformation initiatives.
With backgrounds in both electrical engineering and computer science, she has furthered her education in EMBA, psychology, and professional coaching as well. Evelyn is widely involved in the following external communities:
• Advisory Board Member of IEEE Software;
• speaks at and chairs conferences on Lean, Agile and product development;
• teaches at universities on Software Engineering;
• publishes and translates books and papers on Agile, Scrum, and Change Management;
2017 - Present Evelyn Konsult AB (Coach and Trainer)
2015 – 2017 Ericsson Communications (Head of Global Transformation Support Center)
2009 – 2017 Ericsson Communications (Lean and Agile Head Coach)
1996 – 2009 Ericsson Communications (Various roles from integrator, designer, system architect, project lead, and product manager)
Evelyn’s certifications with Scrum Alliance: