Collaborative Service Design Masterclass
Collaborative Service Design
We will cover practical and essential tools for faster/cheaper idea and assumption validation useful for every product manager and entrepreneur who is creating a new service or product.
This two day workshop is covering product thinking and service design practices that are used by trainer to identify hidden market opportunities, user expectations, technical complexity and dependencies, needed skills and risks.
Students will select a product idea to explore and use it as a vehicle to learn a wide variety of agile product design and lean UX tools.
We will cover practical and essential tools for faster/cheaper idea and assumption validation useful for every product manager and entrepreneur who is creating a new service or product. This workshop for anyone who is in his/her journey of finding the real market needs and disruptive opportunities.
This workshop is designed to equip you with the ability to apply these tools in your work, achieve more flexible, transparent and effective innovation delivery and to grow satisfaction of users and stakeholders of your new service/product.
- You will practice the process of collaborative clearing vague scope of initial idea into more and more clear set of well understood requirements.
- You will learn how to create Pragmatic Personas, identifying biggest growth potential and validate disruptiveness of your idea against their expectations.
- You will practice techniques that help you to identify, remove and handle the risks of vicious assumptions and unnecessary waste.
- You will leave this course not only writing better stories and creating stronger product backlogs, but also planning and communicating through the build team more effectively.
- Introductions and Course Overview
- What is a Service? What is Your Service?
- Service Ideation and Service Narrowing
- Exploring Context (mood boards, lean canvas, collaborative chartering)
- Skill set needs and reality
- Exploring Customers and Users (pragmatic personas)
- Exploring Use and Interactions (story mapping)
- Customer Journeys and Product Slicing
- Adding Clarity with Tests and Paper prototypes
- Architecture and dependencies
- Delivering, Learning and Adjusting
Alek is one of Agile Estonia co-founders. Alek practises Scrum-methods since 2004 and he is helping other companies to embrace agile mindset and scrum practices since 2009.
Alek is Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), ScrumMaster (CSM) and Product Owner (CSPO), Innovation Games facilitator and passionate product/service designer.
Alek was first full-time Skype agile coach, who’s responsibility was to plan, execute and support teams in their Scrum transition. He been working with Skype, Telekom, Insly, Helmes, Tieto Estonia, SMIT, Töötukassa, TTP and many other organisations from the different sectors.r in 2008.