Kanban System Design
Training dates are 12, 14, 16, 19, 21 and 23 September.
We invite you to the training course "Kanban system design" (also known as Kanban Management Professional 1 or KMP1). This class includes the necessary amount of information to understand how "work works". This class is intended to break some of the widespread beliefs about how the work process is organized and optimized. With the help of systems thinking tools students can see a bigger picture of the systems, they are working with, which is a starting point towards an ability to build a system that will be fit for its need. This class will create sufficient skills to start using Kanban in your organization. This course is the official training class of Kanban University, founded by David Anderson – author of the Kanban method. All participants will receive an official internationally recognized certificate of attendance from Kanban University.
This program is designed for professionals who are responsible for process optimization, business performance, and project management: managers, IT directors, heads of departments, middle managers, team leaders, project managers, technical managers, engineers, and anyone who is interested in the results of the work of the various groups of people. Also, this training will be useful to Scrum Masters, who want to help their teams to get to the next level.
Training is particularly suitable for those who:
- wants to start working with Kanban systems and look for initial support,
- is already using a Kanban system and wants to check whether its implementation matches proven practices and get new ideas to improve their systems.
Besides that, training helps synchronize understanding of Kanban for all participants and introduces a common "language" of terms – equally understand the terms, practices, and, most importantly, the purpose of process improvement using Kanban systems.
- Overview of the Kanban method
- History, principles, values
- Internal and external sources of variability and dissatisfaction with the process
- Analysis between the system’s demand and capacity
- Risk management with Kanban: Classes of Service
- Kanban system design
- Ticket design
- Kanban boards design
- Limiting work in progress (WIP)
- Making policies explicit
- Queues, flow control, metrics, measurements
- Little's Law
- Cumulative Flow Diagram
- Lead time distribution chart
- Control chart
- Meetings in Kanban
- Full-Scale simulation of the Kanban system
- High-quality training from the leading education provider in the Kanban space
- Training materials
- Membership and online profile at Kanban University
- Certificate of completion from the Kanban University
- An electronic version of the book by David Anderson "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business", 2010
- 16 SEU (Scrum education unit) for your CSP certification from Scrum Alliance
- 16 PDU for PMI members (that could be used for prolongation of PMP and PMI-ACP certifications)
- Ability and knowledge to change your organization
- After the class support: 10 nano-coaching sessions (10 minutes per session) to address challenges associated with the implementation of the Kanban method
Michael Glavaskyh, team leader:
“Quite energetic and informative training. Great initiative in a SCRUM world ;)”
Aleksandr Serdiukov, Team Lead:
“I highly recommend this training to those who want most effectively and quickly master the kanban and start using it in their work.”Dmitry Borshchanenko, ScrumMaster:
“This training has perfectly structured my knowledge about Kanban from different sources, and brought a lot of new ideas that I'll be implementing with the team tomorrow.”
Olga Avramenko, QA manager:
“Thank you very much for the interesting and useful information. The training helped me to look at the process from the other side, expanded horizons.”
Sergiy Ivashyn, Analyst, Facilitator, Scientist:
“I'm always excited to take a class from Kirill. He trains in a very uncommon way, stimulating to think, produce insights and work closely with fellow trainees to derive solutions.
Every class from Kirill I've attended so far has contributed significantly to the way I think about professional challenges and personal life.”
Sergey Prodanov, Agile Project Manager:
“I was lucky to attend a Kanban Management Professional courses where Kirill was a coach. That was a perfect combination of intense training course and very experienced coach.
Kirill can answer any question with practical example and detailed explanation. Also Kirill has unique ability to create an informal atmosphere explaining such a difficult and complex topics as analytics and metrics. That allowed me to absorb all that information in very easy and fast way.
I can definitely recommend Kirill as Agile and Kanban coach.”
Kirill Klimov helps organizations use modern management methods and frameworks to drive change within an organization so that it becomes an awesome workplace and deliver the best to its customers.
In the past, Kirill wore different hats – web developer, servers and networks engineer, project manager, general manager, people manager, consultant, trainer, and coach within e-commerce, travel, financial sectors. Most of his professional career Kirill spent with distributed development in this or another way. He started and was in charge of the offshore development office of an international company in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Kirill drives Agile transformations and adoptions in large distributed projects and small teams since 2008.
Kirill holds a mix of different certifications from various institutions; he is actively involved in the life of the Agile community as a speaker and organizer of various conferences, events, meet-ups, and so forth.
Kirill offers public classes on Kanban and other new management approaches as well as private onsite classes as a part of consulting work with companies. Those could be certified or non-certified classes. Feel free to get in touch to discuss how Kirill could help you.