NEW! Efficient Remote Meetings & Collaboration
Learn how to host efficient and engaging remote meetings. When working with remote team members, or if current circumstances dictate you to work from home, the skills of facilitating valuable and meaningful meetings online might be vital for the success of your team or your company.
During this training, which itself is given online, you will learn how to facilitate remote meetings with high presence, engagement and that result in concrete outcomes. You will learn, and get to practice tools, skills, a variety of workshop formats, techniques and tips that will improve your online collaboration with your colleagues and team members.
After the training you will be able to apply what you’ve learned...
as the moderator in the short sync meeting
as a facilitator of a workshop or planning exercise
as a facilitator of a retrospective
as a host of a wider company presentation
The goal of the education is to provide you with tools, tips, techniques and skills that will help you host more engaging and more focused online meetings and collaborative workshops. You will be able to apply what you learn in different situations, such as department town halls, sync meetings, creative workshops, planning sessions, retrospectives and training sessions.
- Different online collaboration tools and when they are useful
- Tips and techniques applicable when moderating short small meetings
- Tips and techniques applicable when facilitating team workshops
- Tips and techniques applicable when hosting presentations for a wider audience
- How to facilitate engaging meetings with remote participants
- How to prepare before the workshop
- How to work with structure and clarity to raise focus
- How to launch and frame the meeting to increase presence and engagement
- Different workshop formats that are suitable for online collaboration
- Different methods and techniques for decision making
- Closure of meetings to maximize commitment and clarity on what happens next
Work with remote team members (if current circumstances dictate you to work from home) and want to learn how to raise engagement, focus and structure into the video meetings you host or facilitate. You may have a role as Manager, Scrum Master, Project Manager, Product Owner or Educator.
Jimmy Janlen is Lean & Agile Coach - Educator - Scrum Master.
I support and assist teams, companies and departments in introducing agile work practices or support your already-started agila trip. In addition to being an agile / lean coach, I often attend courses and seminars within Scrum, agile introduction, agile leadership, the agile team and agile testing. I want to be developed and challenged through cooperation with colleagues and customers. I am in an environment where it is critical to deliver high-quality software to a demanding market in a competitive industry while at the same time enabling development, freedom and job satisfaction for the individual and the team. My background as a developer and technical test automator, project manager, scrum master, agile coach, and myself as Human Resources Manager for a 2 year period gives me a broad understanding of technical challenges as well as organizational. I recently released the book Toolbox for the Agile Coach - Visualization Examples. It is already translated into several languages, including Swedish, Japanese and Polish.
- Great summary of tools and techniques for workshops.
- I really appreciated jumping between topics and tools, and doing exercises in small breakout teams.
- Brave to run a full day remote course on workshopping. And it turned out great! I’m really impressed.
- Awesome job! Being able to share this much content and still have engagement is a feat.
No prior knowledgeThere are some technical requirements for this course, for example a really good and stable internet connection. You might also need to create some accounts (these will be free of cost) in order to view the video streaming and for participation in different exercises that use different online collaboration tools. More info will follow in an email once you’ve registered and as we get closer to the training.