New Online Course! Certified Agile Leadership - Organizations (CAL-O)
The goal of this course is to bring awareness to the practices and principles of agility and how they apply to businesses and organizations.
The goal of this course is to bring awareness to the practices and principles of agility and how they apply to businesses and organizations. Through analysis of case studies, assessment, discussion and evaluation, participants will gain insight into what practices will enable them to lead real change across their organization.
Business leaders are encouraged to shift their mindset, evolve and lead their organization in empowering employees and becoming agents of change. In this module, participants will gain tangible knowledge, skills, and techniques that will help them towards making organizational agility a reality for their companies.
The workshop focuses on three important dimensions WHY, HOW and WHAT which help pave the foundation for Agile Leadership.
WHY - The Importance of Leadership and Culture in Enabling Agility
How does organization culture impact agility in navigating challenges in today’s business environment?
· What is the relationship between culture and leadership mindset and behaviours?
· What are different interpretations of the term “value” and how do this impact value creation?
· What is the relationship between culture and the way the term “value” is interpreted? And how can this relationship affect organizational outcomes?
· How do organizations’ characteristics make up its design including structure, policies and measures, and how do they impact the culture of the organization?
WHAT - Organizational design, constraints and enablers
· What are some challenges to creating value flow when applying agile approaches across an organizational system?
· How do we assess organizational structures to scale agile practices?
· How do organizational structures impact organization culture and creating value?
· What are some governance policies and their influence on culture and creating value
· How do we compare organizational metrics for alignment with agile values and how do they impact behaviours and results in the organization?
· What can we use to identify, understand and influence the culture within an organization?
HOW - Organizational change
· How do we work with an agile approach to work with agile transformation?
· What are some importance of transparency and feedback loops for continuous improvements of organizational strategy?
· How does organizational change impact people, and how can leaders more effectively involve them in the change process?
· How might change be approached differently based on existing organizational culture and the influence that culture has on speed, risk, and receptiveness to change?
· How do we apply one technique to lead change and transition?
· How do we assess an agile transformation real case and how do we identify learning and takeaway messages from the inspiration?
· How do we analyze the impacts of organizational decision around direction, alignment, structure, and behavior?
· What are some key elements around culture, organizational design and change you identify to help an organization in mind whether it is an organization to starting its journey, or focuses on its next advancements?
- Executives, middle management, and other leaders with organizational influence.
- Leaders who support,
lead,or interact with Agile teams.
- Scrum Masters / Agile coaches
- Any leader sponsoring, requesting, or involved with an Agile adoption within their organization
CAL-Essential (CAL-E) is the pre-requisite to CAL-Team and CAL-Organization.
CAL-E + CAL-T + CAL-O together will help advance your self-development and skills to best work with self, individual, teams and organization in the Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world.
We welcome you to register to the package of CAL-E, CAL-T and CAL-O.
Evelyn Tian is a professional Lean and Agile Coach and Trainer. Please meet Evelyn Tian, your Certified Agile Leadership Educator. https://www.scrumalliance.org/courses-events/search/coursedetail/202010832. Her training is well known as "fantastic learning and great fun!"
She previously was the Lean and Agile Head Coach of Ericsson and headed the Ericsson Global Transformation Support Center. She has been passionately working with Lean and Agile transformations since 2009 and she has grown internal coaching capabilities to support different organizations. She designed her own Agile Leadership course in 2011, which has been delivered to over 1000 leaders. She has also developed her own Agile Coaching course, with more than 30 classes of graduates. She also offers virtual coaching sessions with participants from over 31 different countries.
Evelyn’s focus is on organization transformational strategy, continuous improvement and enhancing the art and science of crafting products and service delivery. Evelyn has built a lengthy track record and gathered deep insights in coaching organization transformation, agile leadership, and teams to reach their potential.
She has over 20 years of product development experience in telecom products, automotive industry, financial sectors and e-commerce products.
With backgrounds in both E.E. and C.S., she has furthered her education in EMBA, psychology, and professional coaching as well. Evelyn is widely involved in the following external communities:
• Advisory Board Member of IEEE Software;
• speaks at and chairs conferences on Lean, Agile and product development;
• teaches at universities on Software Engineering;
• publishes and translates books and papers on Agile, Scrum, and Change Management;
As a CST, I am open to co-training requests;
As a coach, I offer online coaching sessions to those who are interested in improving coaching skills and grow themselves into a certified coach.
- 2017-03-15 - Present Evelyn Konsult AB (Coach and Trainer)
- 2015-11-02 - 2017-03-14 Ericsson Communications (Head of Global Transformation Support Center)
- 2009-08-24 - 2017-03-14 Ericsson Communications (Lean and Agile Head Coach)
- 1996-07-08 - 2009-08-21 Ericsson Communications (Various roles from integrator, designer, system architect, project lead, and product manager)