New Online Course! Scrum Certified Agile Leadership Essentials (CAL-E)
The goal of this course is to bring awareness and understanding of the foundations of agile leadership. Exploring the way agile leaders think, focus, and behave allows the participants to begin their learning journey regarding what it takes to lead in today’s workplace.
Your trainer, Evelyn Tian
Organizations today are striving to stay on top of rapidly changing business needs and are coming to understand that the need to respond and adapt quickly is becoming increasingly important. Business leaders are now required to shift the way that they think about their role as a leader, their relationship to their employees, and the culture of their organization. Agile leaders are needed to help their organizations thrive in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous (VUCA) world. Participants in CAL-Essentials should expect that each learning objective outlined in this document will be covered over the course of the program. The model for CAL-Essentials is flexible, allowing education providers autonomy to choose how they deliver the program in a way that will provide the most impact for their participants, including the models they choose, the mix of training and coaching, as well as how they bundle learning objectives in distinct learning sessions.
The workshop focuses on three important dimensions WHY, HOW and WHAT which help pave the foundation for Agile Leadership.
WHY - Understanding Why New Thinking And Approaches Are Required For An Increasingly Complex, Unpredictable And Volatile World.
- What are some key management theories that coined traditional management approaches?
- Why did traditional management approaches surface and why have they facing challenges?
- What are some better ways that support our complex and uncertain world of work?
- What qualities and characteristics can help organizations to excel in the VUCA world?
- What are the benefits of becoming a more effective agile leader?
WHAT - A structured leadership framework, help passionate leaders like you expose dozens of new pathways of learning.
- What are some key mindset shifts to support Agile approaches?
- How can a structured leadership framework support agile leadership capability development?
- How should an effective leadership approach support improving interactions with others?
- What can we do to become more aware of culture and how can leadership attitude influence that?
- How can we improve our self-awareness as part of self-development?
- How can self-awareness improve situational adaptiveness and leadership effectiveness?
- What can we do to improve situational awareness to make our leadership effective, flexible and adaptive to various situations while being aware of the underlying cultural context?
- How can increased social awareness, as the awareness of the behavioural impacts have on people around us, significantly improve our effectiveness when working with others?
- How can we adapt our behaviours and attitude based on the situation at hand to effectively engage people?
HOW - How can we get started to improve our leadership agility and grow into a great agile leader?
- Why is a growth mindset for both personal and professional growth a critical part of effective leadership?
- What are some key feedback techniques to improve our ability to inspect and adapt our own leadership behaviors?
- How can we apply at least one technique to incorporate feedback to increase effectiveness?
- How can we coach, provide feedback, resolve conflict, and work through difficult challenges by integrating alternative perspectives and engaging others to improve outcomes?
- How do we assess the situation to balance power and influence?
- How can we apply some different techniques to be present, aware and engaged, while avoiding over-influence and micromanagement?
CAL participants vary by professional background and work experience. The common thread is their desire to enhance their workplaces (and their clients’ workplaces) with agile values, practices, and metrics. This program is for anyone leading or participating in an agile transformation.
- Coach / Consultant. Your challenge is to help clients navigate an agile transformation with a focus on the people and mindsets necessary to shift the culture. A CAL certification provides you the tools to help enact change, and distinguishes you in the field as someone who has acquired the defined knowledge of an agile leader.
- ScrumMaster. Your challenge is to work with teams and managers, and certified agile leadership (Essential, Teams and Organizatios) all help give different dimensions of insights for you to help you, your teams and your organizations navigate an agile transformation with a focus on the people and mindsets necessary to shift the culture, to truly facilitate your teams and organization's continuous improvement journey.
- Product Owner. To build a fantastic product and continuously innovate on product and business models, one of your challenges may be working with organizational culture, structure. You want to actively engage teams and build great products with fully motivated and talented teams.
- Manager. One of your challenges may be overcoming internal resistance to organization-wide agility. Certified Agile Leadership gives you practical tools to bolster your shift from agile practitioner to agile leader, and helps you nurture yourself and senior management champions to solidify your efforts.
- Executive. Finding the time to nurture your own agility and discovering a meaningful role to play in an agile transformation is challenging. You desire to be more than just someone who authorizes hiring a consultant or coach. Certified Agile Leadership certification can quickly accelerate your learning curve and show you the active role you could play in a sustainable agile transformation. You’ll also discover a personal transformation as you learn about your own internal leadership development.
- The Leader in You… In All of Us. Finding out more about your personal leadership style can enlighten you and help you be more empathetic to everyone you encounter. This program can enhance both your career and your personal life.
There is no pre-requisite to this CAL-E workshop, and CAL-E is the pre-requisite to CAL-Team and CAL-Organization if you are interested in advancing into details about how to best work with teams and organizations in the Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world.
Evelyn Tian, is one of the few in the global Scrum community who holds high level coaching and training qualifications. She is:
- Scrum Alliance Certified Team Coach (CTC) and Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Scrum Alliance Certified Agile Leadership Educator
- Scrum Alliance Certified Path to CSP Educator
As a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Evelyn uses accelerated learning techniques like Training From The Back Of The Room to teach the course content in brain-friendly ways that help you maximize learning experience and information retention.
As a Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) with over twenty years of product development experience, and solid hands-on experience as the head agile coach of Ericsson, Evelyn brings in years of coaching experience to the class, which helps the session to be more beneficial and practical.
Her training is well known as "two days of fantastic learning and great fun!"
She has track records in coaching organizations and teams with agile and Scrum transformation, and she is an internationally known conference speaker and trainer on Scrum, leadership and coaching.
In the past decade, she has provided training and coaching support to companies in the sectors of finance, insurance, telecom, automotive, marketing, etc.
Additionally, she is an advisory board member of IEEE Software, where she has main focuses on agile, Scrum, scaling and DevOps.