New! Team Kanban Practitioner
This introductory 1-day class will enable you to start using and getting benefits of Kanban on a team level.
The one-day training program is expanded by preliminary self-training and "homework." This allows the most efficient use of time in the training for discussions, individual and group exercises. This training incorporates many concepts of "training from the back of the room", in which the participants say and do more than the instructor: short blocks of theory alternate with practice and exercises. Also, the program includes a full-scale simulation of the kanban system in a safe environment where all participants will be able to experience all aspects of the kanban system.
Participants will learn to
Create simple kanban systems
Choose a frequency of the several events/meetings
● Training materials
● Membership and online profile at LeanKanban University
● Certificate of completion from the LeanKanban University
● An electronic version of the book by David Anderson "Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business", 2010
● 8 SEU (Scrum education unit) for your CSP certification from Scrum Alliance
● 8 PDU for PMI members (that could be used for prolongation of PMP and PMI-ACP certifications)
● Ability and knowledge to change your organization
- Overview of the Kanban method
- history, principles, values
- Easy to learn simulation of Kanban system using a game
- Understanding Kanban systems
- Classes of service as a risk management approach
- Proto Kanban
- Personal Kanban
- Aggregated Personal
- KanbanTeam Kanban
- Per person WIP limit
- Aggregated Team Kanban
- Designing a Kanban board
- How-to set WIP limits
- Kanban cadences: meetings and reviews
- Commitment & Replenishment
This program is designed for professionals who are responsible for process optimization, business performance, and project management: managers, IT directors, heads of departments, middle managers, team leaders, project managers, technical managers, engineers, and anyone who is interested in the results of the work of the various groups of people. Also, this training will be useful to ScrumMasters, who want to help their teams to get to the next level.
Training is particularly suitable for those who:
● wants to start working with Kanban systems and look for initial support,
● is already using a Kanban system and wants to check whether its implementation matches to the best practices in the industry and get new ideas to improve their system.
Besides that, training helps synchronize understanding of Kanban for all participants and introduces a common "language" of terms – equally understand the terms, practices, and, most importantly, the purpose of process improvement using Kanban systems.
Kirill Klimov helps organizations use modern management methods and frameworks to drive change within an organization so that it becomes an awesome workplace and deliver best to its customers.
In the past, Kirill wore different hats – web developer, servers, and networks engineer, project manager, general manager, people manager, consultant, trainer, and coach within e-commerce, travel, financial sectors. Most of his professional career Kirill spent with distributed development in this or another way. He started and was in charge of offshore development office of an international company in Kiev, Ukraine.
Kirill drives Agile transformations and adoptions in large distributed projects and small teams since 2008. Kirill holds a mix of different certifications from various institutions; he is actively involved in the life of the Agile community as a speaker and organizer of various conferences, events, meet-ups and so forth.
Kirill is one of first three Russian-speaking Kanban trainers (AKTs) and one of first three Russian-speaking Kanban coaches (KCPs). Kirill led most of the trainings and taught most of the students on the Russian language as well as taught most students in Eastern Europe among all AKTs.
You can find more information on Kirill's LinkedIn profile.
I highly recommend this training to those who want most effectively and quickly master the kanban and start using it in their work. - Aleksandr Serdiukov, Team Lead, GlobalLogic
I like the lack of very basic theory, which can be read in any literature, and an emphasis on practical case studies. I recommend this training to systematize the knowledge and practical games and exercises. - Viktor Sevonkaev, Project Manager, Ciklum
I recommend this training to systematize the knowledge and practical games and exercises. -
This training has perfectly structured my knowledge about Kanban from different sources, and brought a lot of new ideas that I'll be implementing with the team tomorrow. - Dmitry Borshchanenko, ScrumMaster, Kolo Global