Scrum Product Owner Certification course (CSPO)
If you’re someone who is comfortable with the “business side” of projects, you are probably the right person to aim for a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) certification.As CSPO, you create a product vision, order the product backlog and make sure the best possible job is done to delight the customer.
The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) course will help a Product Owner to understand Scrum and the Product Owner role.
- Why to use Agile? When is Scrum the right approach? When should we use some other approach? Can I combine different approaches?
- What am I expected of in the Product Owner role? How do I interact with the Development Team and the ScrumMaster, or with the stakeholders? How do I plan for future? What kind of commitments are safe to make?
- How do those commitments affect the work we do?
- How can I effectively describe the things / features my clients and users want? How much detail is useful, and when?
- How can I get the Development Team’s feedback on risks, opportunities, effort and consequences of planned work?
- What techniques can I use to elicit needs and value information from my stakeholders? How do I keep them informed of product progress?
- Product ownership simulation
- Why Agile for project management and business?
- Scrum fundamentals
- Requirements and product backlog
- Release planning
- Elective topics
This is a two-day course intended for product owners, product managers, business analysts, management and executives.
Good to have some knowledge about SCRUM.
Petri Heiramo has more than 15 years of experience in projects and process improvement in IT business. Agile and Scrum have been the main focus for the last 9 years. In that time, Petri has trained and coached thousands of people, with well over 130 CSM and CSPO courses (with many many other trainings and coaching engagements). Petri has direct experience from small companies to international giants. Petri became the first Finnish Certified Scrum Trainer in 2008.
Full attendance and participation in the course will result in becoming a Certified Scrum Product Owner from the Scrum Alliance. No Exam Required. - See more at Scrum Alliance
This CSPO training based on practical knowledge; gives no-nonsense/ usable hints; is good entrance into SCRUM and PO duties. After the training I strongly overview my activities-actions as a Product Owner in current projects and also some of my behaviors in projects.
Markus Keerman, Merko Ehitus AS
Highly professional, intense and therefore effective, opened to personal needs and questions. A result of this workshop, I plan to prioritize different products(=projects) in Product(s) Backlog, based on business value.Teet Liiske, Telia AS
Practical, useful. If you are thinking that you are good PO, take this course. This open your eyes.
Practical, interesting, visual.
Materials and content was great. There was a lot of practical exercises in terms of games and simulations that I found beneficial.