The Product Owner Toolkit for Product Success and Organizational Performance
The Product Owner Toolkit
In this workshop we cover tools, methods, and techniques to help PO's cooperation and collaborate with teams, communicate their vision and ideas effectively to stakeholders and upper managers
Trainer Vasco Duarte
In this workshop we cover tools, methods, and techniques to help PO's cooperation and collaborate with teams, communicate their vision and ideas effectively to stakeholders and upper managers. Finally we also cover some very important aspects of organizational productivity that are directly affect by product managers and how they work.
The participants will get a set of thinking and practical tools that they can apply in their work immediately after the workshop.
These tools will focus on:
- Product Owner self-assessment as a tool for continuous improvement
- Understanding the market from your customers point of view (Lean Startup, Jobs to be done and Vision are some of the topics we cover)
- Helping teams focus on high-value work (Flexible requirements management framework, stories as inventory, helping R&D speed up)
- How to measure product success: Metrics that actually help Product Owners make decisions.
- You will have the tools you can use to understand the customer needs
- You will be able to create new ideas for your product that are based on real customer needs
- You will be able to measure product success in a manner that facilitates decision making
- You will learn tools and models that you can use to discover and manage product scope
- You will receive a self-assessment tool that fosters personal growth by focusing on certain key knowledge areas.
Participants that will benefit the most from this workshop are team members, technical leads, product owners and product managers.
However, the workshop also promotes understanding and cooperation across different roles.
Course level: Intermediate
Product Manager, Scrum Master, Project Manager, Director, Agile Coach - only some of the roles that he has taken in software development organizations. Having worked in the software industry since 1997, and Agile practitioner since 2004. He has worked in small, medium and large software organizations as an Agile Coach or leader in agile adoption at those organizations. I was one of the leaders of Agile methods and Agile culture adoption at Avira, Nokia, F-Secure.
“This workshop helped me improve the way I define value from the customer’s perspective”
“It helped me understand how my work as a Product Manager affects the performance of the teams and how to help the teams deliver more value and faster”
“This workshop gave me new tools and insights that will help me as a Product Manager”
“This workshop gave me tools to help communicate better with the teams and stakeholders about the product and the value we are trying to create”