Webinar! DevOps:Extreme Automation
DevOps: Extreme Automation training
This 3-day online workshop focuses on solving challenges that organizations face when implementing DevOps initiatives. It introduces principles of DevOps and tools that help reach full automation of infrastructure provisioning and software delivery. Theoretical background as well as practical hands-on examples of tools like AWS/GCP, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Prometheus, Grafana, Linkerd, KNative, Serverless and many others are given during this workshop.
DevOps is a growing movement that encourages closer collaboration of developers and system operations to help business goals to be achieved efficiently and on time. Software development and infrastructure scaling are very fast-paced nowadays. That brings a necessity of larger automation, measurement and information sharing for all involved processes.
This 2-day workshop focuses on solving challenges that organisations face when implementing DevOps initiatives. It introduces principles of DevOps and tools that help reach full automation of infrastructure provisioning and software delivery. Theoretical background as well as practical hands-on examples of tools like Ansible, Docker, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Serverless and many others are given during this workshop.
Theory vs practice is roughly 30/70.
- -Unique content - real-life use cases, modern infrastructure, CI/CD/GitOps principles shown in practice.
- Join from the convenience of your office or home.
- -Live and interactive - you can ask questions in the chat and get live clarifications.
- Q&A session in the end of each day - you will to get answers to more complex questions in a 1-hour long Q&A session.
- -Modular structure - you can to skip one or two modules, but still be effective in the rest of the course.
- -Practical exercises with solutions - lots of simple and not-so-simple tasks to practice with during the course; Solutions will be provided afterwards.
- -Video recordings will be available after the course - you can revisit some topics later.
- -Additional home work - for those who want to practice more after the course; Homework will be reviewed and supplemented by constructive feedback.
- -Lifetime e-mail support - you can get answers on anything related to the course content as well as advice based on your company specific situation.
- -Quizzes and polls during the course - learning should be fun.
- -Certificate of attendance - you will get a shareable online certificate.
- -Exam after the course - you may pass an optional 1-hour exam and get your score printed on the certificate.
- Module 01: introduction to DevOps, infrastructure as code, immutable infrastructure, idempotence principle, delivery pipelines, GitOps
- Module 02: managing virtual/cloud resources with IaC, tooling overview, building first infrastructure configuration pipeline with Terraform
- Module 03: managing multi-cloud/multi-data-center resources with Terraform and Terraform modules
- Module 04: integrating with classic server provisioning tools like Ansible
- Module 05: dynamic inventories, network management, building complex infrastructure delivery pipelines, organizing team work
- Module 06: managing base machine images with Packer
- Module 07: introduction to containers and container management
- Module 08: building/publishing images, running containers with Docker
- Module 09: implementing complex use cases with Docker Compose
- Module 10: using Kubernetes to run container workloads
- Module 11: using Helm charts and Kubernetes operators
- Module 12: leveraging service mesh features with Linkerd
- Module 13: introduction to observability: logs, metrics, traces
- Module 14: configuring Prometheus jobs and exporters, creating Grafana data sources and dashboards
- Module 15: DevSecOps: integrating linters, security policy checkers, vulnerability scanners
- Module 16: leveraging managed FaaS: KNative and Serverless
- Module 17: implementing a chat bot for Slack for effective ChatOps
- Module 18: introduction to chaos engineering
Laptops with at least 8GB of RAM and 20GB of free disk space
It would be great if you can can install these tools before workshop to speed up progress:
At the moment, Andrey works as a free-lance DevOps consultant offering his expertise in implementing DevOps initiatives, selecting automation tooling, switching to infrastructure-as-code and immutable infrastructure and constructing software delivery pipelines.
Andrey is a frequent speaker at international conferences and local communities. He presented at more than 60 events in 19 countries.
- Extremely effective and useful. modern (Vladimir Kolesnik, Swedbank)
- Well prepared, structured and covering many aspects, fun ( Siim Siemann, Swebank)
- Hands on, very good practice, lot of learning about available solutions (Margus Saar, Playtech)
Over the period of last 6 years, DevOps Masterclass has been delivered (publicly and privately) 50+ times in various locations in Europe: 🇦🇹 Austria, 🇸🇪 Sweden, 🇩🇰 Denmark, 🇬🇧 UK, 🇷🇴 Romania, 🇪🇪 Estonia, 🇱🇻 Latvia and received very high ratings from the participants.